The ability to remotely use features of your vehicle is an evolving reality. This week, we spotlight the available technology offered by Elon Musk’s industry-leading company. Current Tesla owners may already be bragging about their ability to do the following; remotely from the Tesla app.
- Check the current charging state of the vehicle
- Set the charging rate and level. For example, only charge to 80% battery capacity to extend battery life.
- Lock/unlock doors, and open/close the charger port and trunk.
- Start the vehicle remotely.
- Climate controls include cabin temperature using heating/cooling as well as heated seats, defrosters, and even window venting.
- Location tracking of the vehicle on a map while traveling or finding the vehicle’s location in a large, parking lot.
- Navigation to locations and autonomous driving.
- Location, current availability, and navigation to nearby fast charging locations (superchargers)