With the new year just beginning, let’s quickly examine the EV market and explore the changes for the year ahead.
TOP 10 PREDICTIONS FOR EVS IN 2023
- Gas prices will rise again, but not to peak 2022 levels. Many drivers will resume an investigation into electric vehicles as a long-term alternative. Read more https://atomic-temporary-200822588.wpcomstaging.com/2022/06/03/how-to-deal-with-gas-prices-evs-and-the-road-ahead/
- Electricity rates will continue to rise nationally, making the switch to electric vehicles more complicated for many. Read more https://atomic-temporary-200822588.wpcomstaging.com/2022/12/09/the-electric-vehicle-equation/
- New car prices will continue to rise and EV models will see price increases mirror this inflationary cycle. For example, the cheapest EV just became more expensive. Read more https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42388138/2023-chevrolet-bolt-ev-euv-prices-increased/
- EV rebates will expand at the federal level with $7500 tax rebates expanded to most models. Read more https://atomic-temporary-200822588.wpcomstaging.com/2022/08/19/free-money/
- State and city rebates for EV charger installation will expand, making residential and commercial adoption more appealing. Find out more at https://ev-lectron.com/pages/tax-rebate
- Tesla’s Cybertruck will finally be produced. However, with over 1.5 million pre-orders, most will have already moved on to other models or abandoned Tesla. Regardless, all Cybertrucks made will be sold for years as demand will outstrip supply. Order one here https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck
- GM’s Ultium battery platform will appease many concerned with range. https://www.gm.com/ultium While not Lucid-range, new offerings will surpass many competitors.
- Toyota, Mazda, Honda, and Subaru will cautiously test the EV market but will focus more on hybrid technologies.
- Hyundai, Kia, GM, Ford, Volvo, Stellantis, BMW, and Audi will plow ahead with new models; effectively spearheading the push for the mass adoption of electric vehicles.
- Consumers will cautiously examine EV offerings and explore charging options at home while a growing national network of public charging expands. Meanwhile, rapid federal and state programs, coupled with private enterprise will result in a massive array of charging options. Unfortunately, it will take years to create an array of charging that will allow for long-range trips throughout all of America’s immense landscape.https://atomic-temporary-200822588.wpcomstaging.com/2022/11/22/answers-to-the-top-ev-charging-faqs/
GET THE AMERICA CHARGED WEEKLY NEWSLETTER FOR FREE